Monday, January 18, 2010

'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane, I don't know when I'll be back again...

Hey Internet,

So, this is my last night in New Jersey and I couldn't be happier! All of my stuff is packed up and will be loaded into the car soon...some of my goodbyes are sad, some of them are devastating, and for some of the others...well, it is about time! I know that it's terrible to say that I am glad to be leaving people behind, but, (as I learned while packing) some baggage is just best left behind.

This blog is going to be especially short, but I will leave you with the lyrics that I have been living by for the last few days:
All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go, (this is true)
I'm standing here outside your door, I'd hate to wake you up to say goodbye,
But the dawn is breaking, it's early morn, (this is how it will be at 5 am tomorrow)
The taxi is waiting, he's blowin his horn, (my Grandpa in the car?)
Already I'm so lonesome, I could cry, (eh, not so much)
So kiss me and smile for me, and tell me that you'll wait for me,
hold me like you'll never let me go,
'cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane, I don't know when I'll be back again, (7 mths or so?)
'til then, I'll see you in my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment